Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

So on Monday I have another doctors appointment. The nurse said I could drive myself which will be weird. It has been almost a whole month since I've driven~ scary! I will probably practice in the neighborhood before venturing onto I-4. You're welcome.

I will be 36 weeks pregnant on Sunday. The doctor said I could be off of bed rest on Monday after my appointment, which is very exciting! I will have to take it easy and not over-exert myself (no trampolines, I guess), but I can drive again and do other normal activities like cook gourmet meals for Neal and tend to my vegetable garden (ha).

I feel mixed about going off of strict bed rest. I hate that anxious feeling I get where I wonder what to do with an entire day... I love it for a few days, but more than that can get a little lonely. Who knows, though; Noah may decide to enter this world next week and I won't have time to be lonely/antsy.

I wish I was better at resting. My friend Katie said she prays for me to be able to experience God's peace, for my soul to truly rest. That has been my prayer my whole life. I want this "soul rest", this constant rest that doesn't change depending on my circumstances. I want to believe in God's goodness so much that even when I am having an uneventful or sad day, I still have the sense of peace that I am ok, that God is with me, that he is taking care of me and hasn't left me, nor will he ever leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment